Welcome to Parrot Class!
We are a Year 4, 5 & 6 class. In our class we have two adults; our teacher is Miss Foote. Mrs Kingston is our fantastic teaching assistant. We are a friendly, hard working class who love working and learning together!
This term we are learning about light and dark, including shadows in science. We will make
shadow puppets in DT, explore levers and linkages and learn more about growing and nutrition. We will be developing knowledge of the world and different climates in geography.
Maths learning will include multiplication and division strategies, measure and time.
In English, we will be looking at different texts including 'The Dark' by Lemony Snicket, 'The Magic Box' by Kit Wright, 'Voices in the park' by Anthony Browne and 'The day the crayons quit' by Drew Daywalt'
A busy, but exciting term for us!
- Myths and legends
- Writing stories, descriptions and newspaper reports
- History of myths and legends
- Sketching and painting mythical creatures
- Plants and the human body (skeleton and muscles) in science.
-Reading class text 'The boy who grew dragons' by Andy Shepherd
- Geometry, property of shape, addition and subtraction mental and written methods, reasoning and problem solving. (Times tables rock stars and mental maths daily)